The Power Up Education Series is a series of 5 trainings:
8/19 Intro to ACLU
- We know the AMAZING works of the ACLU-OK. We know that this organization helps Oklahomans by standing up for our civil rights in court and at the Capitol. But there’s got to be more, right? Who is behind this great work? What resources do they have? How did that person gain legal help? Is the ACLU in my community? In this training, we will dive into all of these questions and more!
9/2 Advocacy 101
- In this training, you will learn about all things Advocacy! That means communication with elected officials, hosting in-district meetings, the resolution and legislative processes, making that hard ask, and so much more. This training is meant to give you the skills, and most importantly the confidence, to effectively advocate in ANY space!
- Redistricting is in the air! Every 10 years legislative districts are redrawn, and we are smack dab in the middle! Come to this conversation to learn the process of redistricting in Oklahoma and its’ effects on ALL Oklahomans. We will work to provide you a deep knowledge of the processes of redistricting and how you can advocate and be a part of the process.
(This training will not be offered again)
9/30 Advocacy in the Interim
- Session is over, Legislators are back in their home districts, and the Legislative interim is in full swing. This training will take the time to focus on what advocacy in the interim should look like. We will be discussing Interim Studies and how you can be involved and will provide furt
10/14 Legislative Process
- In this training, we will dive deep into the Legislative Process. We will be discussing the process from the consumption of an idea to the signing that idea into law; and everything in between. In this conversation, we will familiarize you with the most used terms and phrases in the Capitol and help you to feel comfortable navigating your way through these processes!